Current Swedish Archaeology (CSA) is a peer-reviewed journal focusing primarily on the interpretation of the archaeological record and on archaeology as social practice. The aim of the journal is to make findings and discussions in Swedish and wider Nordic archaeology accessible to non-Scandinavian speaking readers in and outside of the region and to promote contact and debate between Swedish archaeology and the larger international field. Learn more >>
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
I, the submitting author, warrant that I am authorized by all co-authors to submit this version of the manuscript and to be their spokesperson during the review process and beyond.
All authors qualify as authors, as defined in the authorship guidelines, and have given permission to be listed on the submitted paper.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- All third-party-owned materials used have been identified with appropriate credit lines, and permission has been obtained from the copyright holder for all formats of the journal. Authors acknowledge their responsibility to gain all permissions prior to submission.
- All references mentioned in the Reference list are cited in the text, and vice versa. References are in accordance with journal style and DOI numbers have been included where available. URLs to online references are provided and ready to click.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. Every effort has been made to ensure that the submission is ready for peer review according to the journal's review policy (following the instructions to ensure blind peer review).
- Tables are all cited in the main text and are included within the text document.
- Figures are all cited in the main text and are uploaded separately. Figures/images have a resolution of at least 300dpi or above. The files are in one of the following formats: JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, EPS (to maximise quality, the original source file is preferred). Plans and maps preferable as eps or ai.
- I confirm that I have sufficient consent to use any data or material, such as interview material, that is included.
- The cover letter and title page revealing the identity of the authors are uploaded separately.
(i) Your full manuscript should be submitted before the end of March unless another deadline has been specified. The manuscript must be in good English and include a list of references. The document should be submitted via the platform a file in .doc format. Please send the text unformatted. Illustrations must be sent as separate files in appropriate formats (see below).
(ii) The manuscript will be read by the editors and a reviewer from the editorial board. If suitable, it will then be sent to at least two peer reviewers. CSA works with a double-blind peer review system, where the author and the reviewer are anonymous to each other. If the reviewers recommend the manuscript for publication, it will be returned with comments to the author for revision.
(iii) After completion of requested changes, the new version should uploaded. The text and references must comply fully with the CSA style guide. Professional language editing is required at this point (see below). The checked manuscript will be sent back to the author for approval. After the author has accepted the revisions the text is considered ready for layout, and no further substantial changes or additions to the text will be accepted.
(iv) After layout the author will receive a proof, where only minor and typographical corrections are allowed.
(v) The print version of Current Swedish Archaeology is normally distributed in December. CSA is an Open Access Journal published under the terms of the Creative Commons 4.0 International licence (CC BY 4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.